Wednesday, May 6, 2015

New Video - Doggie Shampoo Bar with Infused Oil

Okay, I'm having way too much fun learning how to make videos!

Today I'm trying something I've been wanting to try for a while - Doggie Shampoo Bars!



I picked this particular recipe from Soaping 101, because the olive oil is infused with flax seeds and oatmeal, which sounded really nice (even for us humans!). Be sure you research your fragrance and essential oils (and any other additives) before using them to make sure they are pet safe. This is the recipe I used:



I started by making a flax seed / oatmeal oil infusion, here I am using a heaping 1/4 cup of the ground flax / oat mixture in 200 grams of olive oil:


After stirring it in, I heated it gently for 1 hour (if I was using a larger amount of oil in the bigger crockpot, I would have heated it on low for 2 hours), then I turned off the crockpot and let it sit, covered, overnight. This is what it looked like after 24 hours:



I then strained the oil through a coffee filter, the fine mesh did an excellent job of removing the pulp:


I prepared my additives and then stickblended the powdered oatmeal into my oils, before adding my lye solution:



I poured my soaps into the mold and texturized the tops:



I added some soapy doggie bones to the tops:



Here they are all in the mold:



And out:



And the video....hope you enjoy! :D


post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10