Monday, September 17, 2012

Testing Christmas fragrances


I spent some time on the weekend testing 4 new Christmas fragrances. I wanted to see how these fragrances would hold up in CP before I commit to buying a larger amount of them, and I also wanted to see how they would discolor the soap. 

I decided to test each fragrance 3 ways; just the fragrance, fragrance + vanilla stabilizer, and fragrance + titanium dioxide. I didn’t do a very good job of mixing the fragrances in; I was trying to work quickly because I had 12 different cups of soap to mix and pour before it got too thick on me!

This picture was taken 2 hours after they were poured, so not much difference in colors yet:














This picture was taken 24 hours after they were poured, big difference! It seems like the t.d. didn't make much difference, but the stabilizer appears to be doing it's job. It will be interesting to see how it holds up.




My favorite so far? Caramel Apple :D

UPDATE: Please see this post to see the results of the vanilla stabilizer testing after 3 months.


 post signature

6 comments:

  1. Nice test. There is such a big difference if you are using stabilizer of not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see all three tests for each FO side-by-side. I hope the stabilizer holds up for you! Sounds like you have some yummy fall and winter fragrances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm curious to see how the stabilizer holds up, I'll try to remember to post the results in another month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a crazy difference! Hope the stabilizer holds up for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing hey?! I'm trying the stabilizer from NG, I hope it holds up because you can use it at half the usual rate.

      Delete
  5. Very intesresting! I never use vanilla, but I will look into those stabilizers. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10