Friday, February 15, 2013

Yuzu Soap with Grapefruit Embeds


Sometimes when I am make soap, I get a nagging feeling it’s not quite done yet….and I have to leave it and think on it for a few days, and walk past it a few times before it finally hits me what is missing. Case in point, these grapefruit embeds:



There is nothing wrong with them as they are, but by now you have probably figured out that I am a very detail-oriented person, and these just weren’t realistic enough (why yes, I do drive myself crazy sometimes!) Also, I was concerned that they would get lost in the detailed swirl I was planning on embedding them into. I wasn’t sure how to fix them, so I left them for a few days until it dawned on me that I might be able to fill in the little wedges with grapefruit-colored soap to make them more realistic. You can see there is a little edge that runs all around the outside of the wedges, so I was hoping it would hold the soap in. I used my Brambleberry pipette for this detail job, and it was super quick and easy to fill in the wedges, but I think it makes a big difference:


 Much better!


Now the pieces were ready to embed into some swirled Yuzu soap:


They stand out much better with the detail now, don’t you think?



  post signature

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful soap Cee! Love the grapefruit embeds....such a wonderful idea to fill them in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love the detailed coloring, it really add some pop to the fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I like the grapefruit embeds, I am loving that swirl in the soap! Truly beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, love Yuzu! Beautiful soaps, Cee...and yes, the grapefruit embeds stand out much better with the filled in wedges. Your soaps always make me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cee - those are really amazing colors and a really beautiful swirl. Love checking out what inspired ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so true, the embeds would have "disappeared" in the swirls and now they look like real pink grapefruit (one of my favorite fruits).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Cee! The soap looks so much better with embeds!
    Love Yuzu swirl too!
    Wish you a lovely weekend, Cee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cee! Yes, the embeds looked first more like little wheels ;)
    Now they are perfect little pink grapefruit slices. Your soap looks soooo fresh and mouth-watering juicy!!!
    Wonderful summer soap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colours composition and your idea to fill the wedges,the red stands out for a special alluring effect!Yummy soap,dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for the comments, much appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made rally nice embeds and this soap turned out simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The swirls in the Yuzu soap are gorgeous, Cee Gee! And I love the grapefruit embeds - they do pop more with the wedges filled in. Did you use M&P soap to fill the embeds? They look great. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, these look absolutely fabulous! I love how they just make your soap pop right out and draw the eye in. Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look and it must smell fabulous! You were so right to fill in the wedges, it contrasts beautifully against the gorgeous swirls. What a wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much everyone! Jenny, yes, the entire embed is M&P :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10