Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Cupcake Soaps


This blog post isn’t so much about the soap....check this out:



Isn’t it just adorable?! It's a printable retro oven, but it gets better….look what this one does:


Isn’t that the cutest cupcake packaging you have ever seen?!

I first spied these fun printable cupcake boxes on Pinterest, and of course my mind immediately went to soap and how cute these be with cupcake soaps in them for teacher gifts! With the end of the school year approaching, I made just a small 1-pound batch of cupcake soaps using Amanda’s Palm FreeCupcake Recipe for my daughter to give to her teachers as thank-you gifts:


The butterflies are royal icing decorations :)

Cupcakes in the box:


That little oven mitt is a gift tag...how cute is that?!

The illustrator who designed these boxes suggested that you could also cut out the oven window and put a piece of cellophane behind the window, so that you could see through into the oven (and goodies) inside, I think that would be really cute too!

I purchased and downloaded this set from the artist on Etsy; the printables come with 5 different colors of ovens, cupcake tray, editable cupcake flags, and little matching oven mitt gift tags…swoon!


post signature

29 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is soooo adorable!!! Both the oven and your soaps. Your daughter's teachers must be so disappointed every time she moves on because they don't get the nice gifs from you anymore.

    So this is a case where part of the soap is actually edible. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica :) My daughter has had this particular teacher 2 years in a row, so she`s knee-deep in soap...lol!

      Delete
    2. And I'm sure if this teacher had her druthers, she'd keep your daughter in her class for the next 10 years so she can continue to get your fabulous soap.

      Delete
  2. How fun,Cee! Your daughter must be proud of you and her teachers will be delighted when open the oven! Just.....I would be sorry to give them away.....again,isn't is the the happy smile of recipients the point of what we do!? So creative,Cee,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maja - and you`re exactly right, it`s much more fun to share the soap! :D

      Delete
  3. Cee, did you make those butterflies? This is so super cute!
    I love how the box slides out of the oven!
    Isn't it crazy how we are always thinking what we could do next with soap?
    Or I can make that work with my soap. So much fun!
    TY~ for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen, thanks! No, I didn`t make the butterflies, they are royal icing decorations, but one could definitely make some easily enough with CP or MP :)

      Delete
  4. Oh Cee, those are so cute! I love how you always think of soap :D The teacher will be very happy to get one of those "easy bake ovens".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that 'easy bake oven'...that's just what it is! :D

      Delete
  5. Wow, those are the cutest soaps and packagings I have ever seen, Cee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cee,las cajitas son lindas y divertidas.
    saludos.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a clever idea for cupcake packaging!

    I love Pinterest for ideas, but I haven't seen this one out there yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to be careful with Pinterest, too many good ideas...I want to try everything!!!

      Delete
    2. I know, and then sometimes I feel bad about not being able to do all the cool things I see on Pinterest, and that's when I know I need a Pinterest time-out :)

      Delete
    3. Lol, that sounds very familiar ;)

      Delete
  9. Those are super cute boxes, Cee Gee! What a great way to package your cupcake soaps. I'm sure the teachers will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the most adorable cupcake packaging I've ever seen! The cupcake soaps are super cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an interesting and original packaging design which perfectly suits to your cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much Jenny, Kalla and Gordana! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute!!! and what a great idea! :) I need to start checking out Pinterest for some inspiration! Lucky teacher :) Nice Job Cee!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Roxana....Pinterest is a great source of inspiration for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So creative and original.. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tht hanks so much for posting about my retro oven kit! Your cupcakes look adorable in them! I noticed your link to etsy didn't link to my shop so I am posting my shop link here so your readers can find the oven kit easily: http://www.etsy.com/shop/claudinehellmuth

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10