So, my story begins with this promising looking soap:
Because it contained both oatmilk and honey, I placed the mold in the fridge while I was preparing the soap, and immediately put the soap mold back into the fridge after pouring the soap. It looked nice and creamy with no signs of gelling, and I was really looking forward to unmolding it the following day. Here it is unmolded:
Looking good so far, right? Here’s a side shot:
Uh oh….I can see the telltale signs of a partial gel on the sides :(
I cut into it, hoping by some miracle that the partial gel wouldn’t be noticeable, but no such luck. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement:
The partial gel actually wasn't that bad, I could have lived with it, but the bottoms were crumbling off as I cut the slices, and the inside of the soap was flaky and crumbly.
Sigh. Let’s agree to never speak of this again, okay?
I took a deep breath and pried all of those little bumblebees off the top of the soap, determined to remake the soap again the next day. This time, I used my slab/divider mold, so that I could keep an eye on it to make sure it was gelling evenly. Thankfully this time, it cooperated. My soap was super stuck to the mold though, I had to really work to pry it out:
Lately, I've been trying to make coordinating bath products to go with the soaps, and I couldn't decide whether to make bath bomb cupcakes to go with this soap or bubble bars. In the end, I decided to compromise and make Honey Bubble Cakes:
I think they turned out cute, and I can't wait to test them! I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead, thanks so much for stopping by!