Wednesday, April 15, 2015

How to straighten photo using PicMonkey

It seems like sometimes, no matter how carefully and straight I try to aim my camera lens, I end up with crooked pictures! I know it's just a silly little thing to fuss about, but sometimes it drives me crazy! Case in point:


Now, I could have sworn when I lined up that photo that the bottom was all squared up with the frame of my lens! I know it's such a small detail, but it's actually super easy to fix in PicMonkey (my favorite photo editing site). I was happy to discover this trick a little while ago and wanted to share it with you guys:

Step 1: 
Upload your photo, and under Basic Edits choose "Rotate":


Step 2:
Click on the "Straighten" button...notice how it places that grid over the photo?


Step 3:
Now, drag the straighten button to the left or the right, and it will rotate your photo either left or right. You can use the grid to guide you as to how straight your photo is within the frame:


Ah, much better! Just 3 easy steps, and see how the bottom is all lined up nicely along the frame? Now I can sleep tonight! :D

PS - I'm not super picky about this all the time...sometimes I do take crooked pictures on purpose! ;)

post signature

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
10